Carla Tynes-Accounting Spec.
Jodi Burke-Assistant Records Spec. Bethany Frederickson-Records Spec. Tiffani Dennington-Recorder Josiah Keel-Assistant Records Spec. Penny Kilcrease-Chief Records Spec. Anna Katie Vickers-Records Spec. Nichole Keel-Auditor/Proj. Mangr. Tammy Dirickson-Assistant Acct. Spec. Zecharie Keel-Assistant Records Spec.
What We Do
The Circuit Clerk is clerk of the civil, domestic relations, criminal and juvenile courts and also acts as the ex-officio recorder for the county.
As ex-officio county recorder, the Circuit Clerk is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, surety bonds, and other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
This website is being provided merely for the purpose of providing instructions as to the procedures of this office and in no way should be construed as advice pertaining to laws. The law prohibits the Circuit Clerk or any of her deputies from giving legal advice. Anyone needing legal assistance should seek an attorney.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are open during the lunch hour.
- The Miller County Circuit Clerk, Mary Pankey, is offering a service to residents that will help protect their most valuable investment….their land and their home. Property and mortgage fraud is becoming one of the fastest growing white-collar crimes in the country.
- Property fraud can be as simple as someone recording a fraudulent document in the Circuit Clerk’s recorder office, making it appear as if they now own your home or property. Once this step is complete, they can use your home as collateral on a mortgage or even attempt to sell your home to an unsuspecting buyer.
- This service is provided by the Circuit Clerk’s office at no cost to the landowner. Persons interested should contact 870-774-4501 or stop by the Miller County Courthouse, 400 Laurel, Suite 109, Texarkana, AR.
- If your name is drawn for jury service, you will receive a questionnaire in the mail. Please complete and return the questionnaire. This means your name is listed on the jury panel.
- Be sure to tear off the perforated section and retain for your record. This section contains information regarding your term of service. If your name is selected from the jury panel to serve on a jury, you will receive a card in the mail advising you of the date and time of service. It will also advise you to call 870-772-5627 on a day prior to the court date to inform you if the court has been cancelled.
CHILD SUPPORT COLLECTION
- Child support payments and the yearly maintenance fee of $36 (must be a separate check) can be mailed or delivered to the following address: 400 Laurel Street, Suite 109, Texarkana, AR 71854
REAL ESTATE RECORDING FEES & CIRCUIT CLERK FILING FEES
- Recording Fees of deeds, deeds of trust, mortgages, release deeds, powers of attorney, plats, survey plats, notary bonds, foreign judgments within the state, material man’s liens, les pendens and any recordable instruments – Cost $15.00 for the 1st page, one side only and $5.00 for each additional page. Recording mortgage assignments, mortgage releases, and other instruments when multiple instruments are listed in a single document, an additional fee of $15.00 per instrument listed (not to exceed $300.00.)
- Original instrument on 8 ½” x 11” paper
- 2 ½” margin at right top of 1st page
- ½” margin on sides & bottom of all pages
- top right of 1st page reserved for recorder information
- 1st page must contain title of document, name of grantor & grantee
- acknowledged in accordance with 16-47-207 with signature notarized
- must be legible
- must have name & address of person who prepared instrument on 1st page
- Revenue Stamps for deeds
- self-addressed, stamped envelope for returning instruments. (14-15-402 & 14-15-403)
If requirements of 14-15-402 (b) (1) are waived for good cause, additional fee of $25.00 is applicable.
Plat & survey requirements: – Survey – Not larger than 18×24 w/copy reduced to 8 1/2 x 11 for scanning & have owner’s name on the survey. Plats – Not larger than 18″x24″ with original signature.
MISCELLANEOUS RECORDING FEES
- All UCC’s are now to be recorded with the Secretary of State.
If you wish to file a UCC on the county level, it will be indexed as UCC Misc. and requires normal recording fees.
Cost is $15.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.
COURT FILING FEES (21-6-403 & ACT 475 OF 2009)
- Civil & Domestic Relations Court, including Civil & Criminal Appeals – $165.00
- Reopening a cause of action in Circuit Court – $50.00
- Court ordered transfer from any Arkansas District Court or County – $50.00
- Filing Mortgagee’s or Trustee’s Notice of Default or Intent to Sell – $140.00
- Process Server Application (Renewal – $50.00) – $140.00
- Writs or Execution – $20.00
- Summons – $2.50