Office Location:400 Laurel Street, Suite 105
Texarkana, AR 71854
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Closed on Holidays
Richard Turner-Probate-Chief Deputy Clerk
Alisa Harvin-Payables Deputy Clerk
Loretta Russell-Elections Deputy Clerk email@example.com
Debra Jackson – Marriage Deputy Clerk
What We Do
The County Clerk’s office of Miller County is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, elections, voter registration, county court, circuit probate court, DBA’s, equalization board records, marriage licenses and other duties.
The County Clerk keeps complete, permanent records of the proceedings of the quorum court. In probate court, the clerk files instruments in decedent estate cases. The clerk maintains adoptions and guardianship records within the county.
- Both parties must be 18 years or older and have certified proof of age (State issued ID, valid driver’s license, Military ID or Passport). For 17 years of age – also must have valid picture ID, have a birth certificate, and both parents’ consent. If parents are divorced the parent that has full custody must give consent. The divorce must be the latest court document. The cost is $65.00 cash (no checks please) Certified copies of Marriage Licenses are available for $5.00 each.
Covenant Marriage License
- In order to have a Covenant Marriage Licenses issued, which is optional, you must go through several months of counseling by a minister, priest, rabbi clerk of the Society of Friends, any clergy member of any religious sect, a licensed professional counselor, licensed associate counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed clinical psychologist or licensed associate marriage and family therapist.
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen and a resident of Miller County. In order to vote in an election, you must be registered 30 days before the day of the Election.
Absentee Voter applications: You can download the absentee voter applications form or request your application by phone or in writing. All applications must be received in our office by mail or fax on later than 7 days before the election. Absentee ballots are mailed out starting three weeks before an election.
Birth / Death Certificates
- Applications for birth and death certificates are available. All birth and death records are recorded in Little Rock with the office of Vital Records. These records date back to 1914.
- Articles of Incorporation: Assumed Names (DBA)
- Minister’s Credentials: A minister must have his credentials recorded in
the State before performing marriage ceremonies.
- Equalization Board petitions.
- Quorum and County Court
- Voter registration and Absentee, Early voting
- Recording and issuing of licenses and other records
- Board of Equalization
- Marriage Licenses (cash only) $65.00
- Certificate Copy
- Articles of Incorporation
- Assumed Business Names $ 25.00
- Limited Partnership $ 25.00
- Minister & Professional Credentials $ 5.00
- Voter List (paper copy) $ .02 per name
- Voter List $50.00 per thumb drive
- County Court $ 30.00
- Probate Court $165.00